Sunday, December 06, 2020

Pandemic Holiday Hygge

No in-person Christmas market this year due to the pandemic. The Covid-19 cases in our county have been skyrocketing. Sid and I try to stick close to home with only trips into town for groceries, feed, and shipping at the post office. 

I've been busy getting ready for the outdoor Julmarknad at the American Swedish Institute. I set up a square shop and have been getting orders. Yesterday morning I was part of a virtual studio tour on Zoom with six other participating artists. 

The fun thing about being part of Julmarknad is thinking of different Christmas items to sell. 

This year I did more of my snowball candles (in soy wax and locally sourced beeswax).

And I used small pieces of imported Gotland skins in my Skinnfell stash to make the cute tomte at the top of this post. They have sold well so far. 

 

I also made some felted tomte from pieces of my felt pelts. I love the pure white one with the red bell nose.

I put a triplet Icelandic ram lamb in with my ewes this fall. He's been a busy boy. Looking forward to April lambs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...