Spinning Wheel Find and another Felted Vessel
When we finally got home and I installed a drive band, I found that the double drive doesn't work with that broken bobbin, so I improvised a scotch tension string and spun up two ounces of BFL yarn on it. I oiled it, tweaked it, and used the little wooden peg to stabilize the mother-of-all. It spun really nicely! I'm not used to single treadle wheels, but this was pretty easy for me. I spun one bobbin full and then made a center pull ball and plied it. Plying was a little more difficult with my makeshift scotch tension, but I did a reasonable job.
I left the broken bobbin at the Fiber Co-Op, hoping that Winnie's husnband, Russ Johnson can make me two or three new bobbins. Then I will be able to use the double drive. Yeah! :-)
Next post, photos of Leta's ram lamb and my new DUCKS!