Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Valentine Goose Egg


Today is Valentine's Day and I thought this egg photo would be fitting for the blog. I'm really anxious to do some more Ukrainian eggs this spring. I'm teaching a class in Grantsburg, WI on March 12, and I'd like to have some new eggs done by then.

The sheep flock is doing well. I love this time of year, the girls are just taking it easy growing lambs. The stress of late pregnancy is still a ways off, but they've starting getting a daily grain ration and they love that. We bought that extra two acres last week and now I'm dreaming up my new barn and fencing plans.
We don't plan to shear until April or May. Probably May after lambing. Maybe I won't get so anxious for lambs if I can't see those bags getting bigger every day.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL egg! Not practical for my house, but beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. We now have two cats in the house and I fear for all the eggs that aren't in the curio cabinet. I'm hoping to do some ostrich and rhea eggs in the next few weeks. They are stronger that the smaller ones, but goose eggs are pretty strong too.

    ReplyDelete

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...