Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Kittens, kittens and more kittens!



Well the excitement just didn't stop around here this week. After shmoozing with Al Franken on Sunday night, our recently adopted cat delivered SEVEN kittens on Monday night. So suddenly we're up to eight cats in the house. The kittens are so very cute and tiny. They're all different colors -- two tiger striped, one black, one orange, one calico, one black and white and one gray and white. Not sure on the sexes yet....They will be ready for adoption in time for Christmas gift giving, so if anyone is interested, please let me know...of course they are FREE to good homes.

I wanted to get a photo of the mama kitty before she delivered and we made her a little cat bed, but she picked out a spot in our luggage set at the back of the closet. I was spinning away on Monday evening when I heard a faint squeaking noise. Ozzie, our Aussie and I followed the noise only to find a purring mother cat and 5 kittens already born. That was plenty in my opinion, but by the next morning we found two more for a total of seven. The mama kitty just purrs constantly with her babies in there. We have to use a flashlight to see them. We tried moving them out into the cat bed, but she would have nothing of that and carried them back into the suitcase.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Congratulations on 7 healthy babies. What a wonderful momma kitty! My Beautiful Baby Girl has fallen in love with my kitten, Daisy, and keeps threatening to steal her ~ maybe I'll have to get her a Christmas Kitty....

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...