Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Overwhelming!

I am simply overwhelmed right now! The events of these past few days have brought me to the depths of sorrow and to height of gratefulness and thanks. Just two days after the fire at our land, my mother-in-law quit breathing and was rushed to the hospital where she died the next day. Even though she had suffered with Parkinson's disease for 10 years, her sudden passing was quite unexpected. Poor Stan has had a lot to cope with...
The outpouring of support and concern from my fellow Shetland sheep breeders has been absolutely amazing. I am so fortunate to have such a great group of people offer to help us out at this time. Thank you all so much! Mary Ellen, Rebecca and Kim for getting the wheels in motion and organizing the Fire Benefit Auction at the MSSBO blog. I really couldn't have stopped you all if I tried! And thanks to Nancy K. for all your support and spreading the news through your blog and your generous donation of a beautiful framed photo of your sheep. And Bill's blog had me crying as I read it, Bill you have such a way with words!
I haven't been able to stay online long with all the insurance and family calls we've been expecting. So I'm sorry that I haven't responded to everyone personally. But I hope you all know how grateful Stan and I are that there is such a great group of sheep people out there willing to help out. We're going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring and Summer Classes 2024

  Well, it's April and the sheep have been sheared.  The chicks have arrived in the mail and Easter is behind us already.  Time to start...