I started some gradated socks on Sunday night while watching Downton Abbey and finished the first one on Tuesday while watching the State of the Union address. I just went with K1,P1 ribbing for the cuff on 40 sts, I wanted the color changes to be the focus. Now I've started the second one and can't wait to get it done so I can wear these! With two strands of yarn, the thickness is just right.
Last summer I dyed the skeins different colors and now I'm using two strands at a time. I'm knitting an inch with each color combination. It's a LOT of joins, but I'm getting better at them. I'm splitting the cut ends of the yarn like a Y and then putting them together so the ends of the Y are parallel with the stem of the other Y. Then I wet them and roll/rub them together and keep on knitting. So far, so good, I hope it holds up well in the socks. I'm doing the joins on the top of the foot/front of the leg where there won't be as much wear and tear.
On Sunday, the last day of the Vasaloppet Art show, we had quite a bit of snow. So Monday morning I decided it was a good time to learn how to plow myself out. It was a bit embarrassing when I got the Mule stuck and the neighbors were heading into school (late start because of all the snow) as I was shoveling away, but I got it out. I know I didn't do a very good job; I didn't have the blade low enough so there was still a layer of snow in the driveway. Well, last night we got another 3 inches and this morning I got the Mule out again and tried to clean it all up. I can see already that I should have pushed that snow WAY back the first time around. Because now I don't have room to push any more snow into the edges. Next year I will do a much better job.
Tonight is Spinning/Knitting at the Crystal Bar and Grill. What a way to spend Valentine's Day night. :-) Last week I got all the way in there before I realized it was the wrong week. Guess I was a little anxious to get out. :-)