Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's all in the Presentation



Remember that resist-dyed scarf I wasn't real happy with in my last post? Well, as I looked at the edges I saw some wonderful things going on. I decided to fold it and press it and what difference that made!

I loved it and I wasn't real surprised that it sold today.  I am going to explore that technique some more. 

There was a lot of interest in the nuno felted (laminated) scarves, and I've made plans to teach a nuno felt scarf class on Monday, August 16, from 2-6 p.m. here in Mora.  There is room for 4 more students.  If you're interested in attending, let me know. 





We will be making a scarf like this aqua one... your choice of aqua-green as shown, blue-purple, or red-orange colorway. We'll be using silk gauze and either merino or a blend of my Bluefaced Leicester wool. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought the scarf was beautiful but not quite right... What a huge difference to fold and press! It looks perfect now!

    ReplyDelete

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...