Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shearing Tomorrow

Here are a few shots of the ewes in full fleece.

This is Derra, our Shetland Mule out of Cocoa, a dual coated Shetland. Lots of wool on this one. I think she's due in early April.

You can see the Shetlands are definitely losing wool. Mabeline's mid-section could easily be rooed if I had the time. She's due in early April (on the left in the photo above). Our white yearling BFL, Leora is in front and another Shetland Mule in back.

River Oaks Hattie (F2 Holly) and her 2008 daughter, Leonie above.

Another Shetland Mule, with our gulmoget, Lana, and others behind her.

The BFL girls....

A close up of Leora, the yearling white BFL above. Her sire, Granite, below.

Yes, I know he's not a ewe, but he finally posed nicely for me. Too bad he's got all that hay stuck to him. It's always something!

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. the funs begins. We've had a nice warm up, so I don't think they will be too cold without their wool.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be up to your elbows in beautiful fleeces! A couple of mine are starting to lose wool on their necks and I tried rooing Flash a little bit the other day but it was not really releasing and she didn't appreciate my efforts so I gave up.

    I won't have lambs until the end of April this year so am looking forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...