Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Icelandic Lambs!

 

I used an Icelandic ram on my ewes last fall and was blessed with 25 lambs this year. 13 female and 12 male. Their fleeces are fantastic! 

But I can't keep them all, so if you're interested in a ram lamb or two, let me know. I do have two ewe lambs left also. Thanks to the beautiful ladies who purchased sheep from me this summer. I'm always happy to see my sheep go to good homes. 

Minnesota is in a drought this summer and the hay crop is much lower than usual. I was able to buy 25 big rounds which should be enough to get me through to next summer if I keep my flock down to 10 or 15 sheep this winter. I'm at 23 now, so some will be moving out one way or another. 

Sid and I did an art festival at our favorite winery this past weekend. It's always fun to see old friends and make new ones. 

I am not teaching as much this year or doing many sales events -- other than the monthly Art & Farmer's Market at Fraconia Sculpture Park in Shafer, MN and the Minnesota Fiber Festival in Cambridge, MN on Saturday, Oct 16th. 


I cashed in my 401k so we could buy a used RV. We love it! We took it up to North House Folk School in Grand Marais, MN when I taught the felted fleece class in July.

It was so nice to just drive and not have to worry about hooking and unhooking a trailer. The motor home is not as spacious as our travel trailer, but it sure is convenient! I love having everything we need in a compact package. We're hoping to take it on the road this fall.

And now we find ourselves in August with the garden producing like crazy and lots of projects to finish up before the snow flies again. There's never a dull moment when you live on a farm! 

I hope everyone is having a good summer and staying safe and healthy as the pandemic continues to ravage the US.


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...