Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Felting Demos & Fiber Art Exhibit

I've been going crazy trying to keep the rams separate from the ewes and getting ready for my big grant projects this weekend and next weekend.

The public is invited to join me this weekend in making felt for a community rug.  The felting sessions will take place at the Sticks and Stones Art and Cultural Festival from noon to 2:30 and 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25th and from noon to 3:00 on Sunday on the grounds of the Kanabec History Center in Mora, MN.

The weather forecast looks good for doing a rug stump in a kiddie pool, but I will also have the option of felting in ziplock bags for those who don't want to get their feet wet.  Participants can even make themselves a felt pin to wear proudly on FeltUnited Day, October 2nd, 2010.

Which brings me to the second part of my grant project, my FeltUnited Fiber Art Exhibit at Made of Mora on Saturday, October 2, 2010 from noon to 4:00 p.m.  This is where the completed community rug, made from the prefelts created by participants at Sticks and Stones, will be unveiled. 

In keeping with the spirit of FeltUnited, I will have my recent felt pieces on display and I'm inviting other felters to join me in displaying their felt creations too.  The colorway for FeltUnited this year is yellow-green-blue, let me know if you've got something in that colorway to display and we'll reserve a space for you.  Felters are invited to wear their felt creations too.  We'll take photos to submit to the official FeltUnited website for inclusion with photos of other events taking place around the world on that day.

Okay, no time to spare now, it's back to work for me.  Hope to see you soon!

This activity is funded in part, by a grant from the East Central Regional Arts Council with funds provided by the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund as appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on Nov. 4, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...