Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Lambing is done!

Oh how nice to only lamb out six ewes! 


Leonie had a big beautiful moorit ram lamb around 7 last night. His fleece looks like it will be really nice. He has leathery patches at the horn sites, so I suppose he will be scurred at the very least.  And now we are done for the year. Final numbers are six ewe lambs, two ram lambs.

Six Shetland lambs:  5 ewes and 1 ram lamb; 3 moorit, 2 black and a grey.
Two Bluefaced Leicester lambs: one white ram and a natural colored ewe.

I should have 8 market lambs coming from my Ile de France ram and the Mule ewe trades I made last fall.  So there should be meat for the freezer too.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, fewer ewes lambing makes life much easier! Congrats on all the ewe lambs and the nice colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri, now we can concentrate on getting ready for our Shepherd's Harvest (me) and Llama Magic you)booths this weekend. See you there!

    ReplyDelete

Getting ready for Christmas Markets!

  I'll be doing two Christmas markets this year. The first one is at Sapsucker Farms in Brook Park, MN Nov. 18-19th. And the second one ...